Thursday, July 19, 2007

Thrilling Thursday

Well, things are moving ahead.

Our first blocking rehearsal is tonight. It will be great to get the show back up on it's feet.

I get to visit the theater this Saturday, for the first (and only) time before we load in. The stage area is quite spacious, but I expect there will be other problems. By problems, of course, I mean challenges to overcome. (grumbledy-grumble, bitch/moan/whine, fuckety-fuckety fringe fest cheap fuckety-fuckers, mumbledy-mumble...)

Ahem.

Billy Wood, who helped out so wonderfully with our sets for the Abingdon production, is going to be helping out with set pieces and props. I'm both thrilled, and relieved that I won't have to run around collecting things. (My work sked is jammed the next few weeks. Perfect timing, as always.)

June Gaeke is onboard again to do costumes. She's paring things down for a sleeker, freer feel. The actors will all be wearing quite stylized make-up this go around. Something along the lines of restoration, with a bit of French mime thrown in. The production will not, by any stretch, be realistic. Good fun.

More later. Stay tuned.

No comments: